Transpac xt inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going for my first dive with my new transpac XT tomorrow. :D

I'm confused about the velcro strap that holds the inflator hose to the harness. Am I supposed to remove the hose from the velcro strap for diving?

Is the strap solely for use only when packing the BC? Thanks

Thanks Jim. The velcro strap position seems a little low and when I try to lift the inflator hose up to dump air, I cant lift the hose up much.

I've only used jacket bcs before but I recall I could lift the hose up high to dump air. Will this be an issue?

---------- Post added June 21st, 2013 at 10:44 AM ----------

Problem solved, pulled the velcro as high as it will go and its fine now.

The other thing you can do is try to stay horizontal as much as possible and use the lower dumps for venting air. The only time you should really need to use the inflator to dump is in that first five to ten feet of your descent and the last five to ten of your ascent. Horizontal gives you much more control on descents and it is safer. On ascents the same. It's just that last few feet where you need to look up to make sure your head is not going to put a hole in the bottom of a boat that you need to get vertical.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

WhiteSands,
Seems like you have it figured out now. The Velcro epaulet is meant to be used during your dive, it keeps your inflator from moving and you always know where it is to grab it. The epaulet is floating so you can move it up higher to allow for you to get your inflator higher. Let us know if you need any more help.

Safe Diving,
Jared

The other thing you can do is try to stay horizontal as much as possible and use the lower dumps for venting air. The only time you should really need to use the inflator to dump is in that first five to ten feet of your descent and the last five to ten of your ascent. Horizontal gives you much more control on descents and it is safer. On ascents the same. It's just that last few feet where you need to look up to make sure your head is not going to put a hole in the bottom of a boat that you need to get vertical.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip! I'll try using the dump valve on my next trip when I'm horizontal.

---------- Post added July 5th, 2013 at 05:02 PM ----------

WhiteSands,
Seems like you have it figured out now. The Velcro epaulet is meant to be used during your dive, it keeps your inflator from moving and you always know where it is to grab it. The epaulet is floating so you can move it up higher to allow for you to get your inflator higher. Let us know if you need any more help.

Safe Diving,
Jared

Thanks for the response Jared, appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom