Hollis F1 Torn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've seen some other threads talking about a manufacturing defect in a batch of Hollis F1 XL's. I decided to take a look at my F1s and I was suprised to notice something I hadn't noticed before. One of my foot pockets is torn.

Any hope of repairing or replacing them?

photo.jpg

photo (1).jpg

I have, as well as several friends, have been diving these fins for several years without a single complication. Contact Nick ASAP he is a stand up guy!

I have, as well as several friends, have been diving these fins for several years without a single complication. Contact Nick ASAP he is a stand up guy!

Yes, agree, a little slow (busy) but a stand up guy. Email him directly, PM me and I'll give you his email if you don't already have it.

PM sent.

Last edited:
Just call Hollis and ask for him. Tell whoever answers what the problem is. I've said this before regarding Scubaboard mfg forums. They are great but it is not always possible to monitor them the way some do. First call the dealer you got them from. If no resolution there call the company before you email them. They get butt loads of emails from everyone and a lot of spam. An old fashioned phone call is still the quickest way to get something done.

Someone on SB PM'd me an offer to buy the fins and they ship out today. Moving on to Hog Tech 2's. :)

I have a set of the black HOG xl's in stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Black is a nice color. Are the red's any easier to see in low vis waters? That would be my only reason for considering red.

Black is a nice color. Are the red's any easier to see in low vis waters? That would be my only reason for considering red.

A little better but not by much, I own some red fins and they look brown underwater. Yellow or white I think is the best for low viz. My local site has pretty poor viz 80% of the time like 2-3m was looking at some yellow Jets but they don't seem to be available at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom