Dauin or Cabilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maria09

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I am going to Bohol (Alona Beach) in December/January. I have been there several times before and normally dives with sea-explorers.

This time I consider going for a short trip to somewhere else to dive also. I have been looking at either Dauin or Cabilao. I can only be gone 4-5 days totally including travel time. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cabilao isn't that different from Bohol- it's just around the corner.

Malatapay/Dauin/Dumaguete area has a great atmosphere and Apo Isl is spectacular.

Sounds like I will be going to Dumaguete then. Does anybody know sea-explorers hotel and diveshop there? Are they to be recommended or should I go with someone else?

We spent a week at Mike's at Dauin and couldn't have been happier. We stayed next door in the cheaper place and dove with Mikes - which he was perfectly fine with. Seamless operation. Sea Explorers is just up the beach a bit at a fancy resort. The good thing about Mikes was you got excellent guides and magnificent personal attention. In all honesty, we enjoyed the diving there more than in Bohol. Although Bohol was great, the combo of the macro stuff at Dauin and Apo and Siquidjor islands made it a very rich and varied place to dive.

Hello Maria,
if you have been to Sea Explorers, why you want to change? I have been to all different destinations from Sea Ex and i was totally satisfied and i can´t really tell where i like it most. Every destination has its own great atmosphere and different diving.
Pura Vida, the one in Dumaguete/Dauin is super nice, rooms from Standard to Deluxe, they even got suites and diving is breathtaking. Even the son of the owner is one of the divemasters and can tell you everything about diving in his area. Also the other diveguides are well experienced and have thousand of dives.
Cabilao is super quiet but if u only like to go for diving, its great!!! Even if it just around the corner of Alona, diving is different and the walls are stunning. I had tremendous dives with Sea Explorers and i am sure they are one of the best in the entire visayan area.
Let me know where you decided to go!

Hi Maria09, as in the above post, if you keep going back to Sea Explorers, why not stay with them at Dauin as well? I too have dived with them at Malapascua, Dauin and Alona earlier this year. Their operations are all very similar and you will feel right at home, even down to the way they have their whiteboard set up with dive sites, boats, guides and guests written down.....(I have to say Malapascua seemed to have the slight edge in some way)

In addition, there is the possibility, depending on weather and guests, that they will take you between locations on their own dive boat with the possibility of diving along the way! Can't beat that! If you like Sea Explorers, I'd definitely do that. Plus, if you leave something behind at one resort, they can send it to you at the other one. They did that for me - great service!

Hi Madacub.

Thanks for your answer.
I think I will go with sea-explorer in Dauin. The reason i asked was that though I have been diving with them at Alona I have no experience with their resorts. I have family living next to Alona so i always stays with them. The perfect vacation spending the day diving and the evening with the family :)

Hi Madacub.

Thanks for your answer.
I think I will go with sea-explorer in Dauin. The reason i asked was that though I have been diving with them at Alona I have no experience with their resorts. I have family living next to Alona so i always stays with them. The perfect vacation spending the day diving and the evening with the family :)

Lucky!

But if you haven't stayed at Sea Explorers, I'll just say that they are a little on the expensive side, but very nice. I think their Dauin resort was the nicest of the three. Another thing to keep in mind is that the different resorts are spread out at Dauin, unlike at Alona where they are all in one row. In fact there is not much of a beach at Dauin. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom