Dauin + Malapaskcua + Busugana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thx. where is the best site for muck macro on the south ot north?

Hi, we are macro muck lovers. We have been diving in places like Puerto Galera, Anilao, and Romblon in the past, and now we are heading to Dauin in April. How many dive days are recommended? We are looking for a nice accommodation on the beach, preferably a small one with great dive spots nearby. Which dive sites are the best? Is it worth adding Malapascua to our itinerary (excluding the thresher shark)? We are also considering adding Busuanga because of the dugong center nearby. Has anybody done it? Thanks for the reply.
I was at Azure recently. It's good enough, but nothing exceptional. If you are keen on night dives, check with the owner about dinner times, and if the restaurant staff stick around late enough. For me, they were in a terrific rush to close down at 8 pm sharp.

Since you are macro muck lovers, I suggest 7-10 diving days. I am too, and I had a good time, maybe not as good as Anilao. I don't keep very good track of specific dive sites, so I can't help very much there. They run trips to Apo Island from Dauin. Inquire closely about what to expect regarding fish life, visibility etc before you do that, especially since you seem to be macro focused.

Malapascua is not worth going to if you say "excluding the thresher shark".

I was at Busuanga many years ago. I've been searching for dugongs there and elsewhere - I won't waste my time with that "searching" anymore. But do you have any specific info on dugongs there?

thx a lot
no i just read about a marin park there

Hi, we are macro muck lovers. We have been diving in places like Puerto Galera, Anilao, and Romblon in the past, and now we are heading to Dauin in April. How many dive days are recommended? We are looking for a nice accommodation on the beach, preferably a small one with great dive spots nearby. Which dive sites are the best? Is it worth adding Malapascua to our itinerary (excluding the thresher shark)? We are also considering adding Busuanga because of the dugong center nearby. Has anybody done it? Thanks for the reply.
How did you get on? We just stayed/dived with Mike’s in Darin. Highly recommended. They could not have done any more for us, even getting a doctor to visit me with a bag of antibiotics, rather than me having to go into town. We are on a five month dive trip in the Philippines and Mike’s Dauin Beach Resort was a highlight.

We are currently on Malapascua staying/diving with Evolution, and now staying at JPH and diving with Sea Explorers. It’s Easter - the busiest time of the year - so it’s diver soup at the Thresher site.

Back
Top Bottom