Looking for advice on places to dive within the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we were at Gato island back in 2015, there were 3 reef sharks (black tips, if I recall correctly) swimming in a figure 8 like pattern at the exit opening at the far end of the tunnel...we hovered there for a good 10 minutes watching them. There was a white tip lying next to the wall inside the tunnel just before the exit opening too.

-Z

Tubbataha would seem to give you exactly what you want, no time for a LOB in a month trip?

Reactions: Dan
Hopefully you'll see schooling Bigeye Jacks when you dive in Balicasag.

GH013447p.jpg

Schooling Barracudas in Rico's Wall, Balicasag, below. Unfortunately, the poor visibility and particulates floating in the water had degraded the picture quality.

GH013469p.jpg

Tubbataha would seem to give you exactly what you want, no time for a LOB in a month trip?
Unfortunately not. I'm balancing work while traveling and can't afford being totally offline during this time.

Hopefully you'll see schooling Bigeye Jacks when you dive in Balicasag.
They are there all the time, nothing to worry about.
They are also in Apo island.

There used to be a guard stationed on Gato island to deter fishing of any form when I first went there in 2002. But that is history.
Plenty of threads on dynamite fishing around Malapascua.

Unfortunately not. I'm balancing work while traveling and can't afford being totally offline during this time.
Mid Mar to mid June only and the best time is from mid Apr to end of May. So the window is pretty small.
Weather is the only reason.
Plan your trip carefully and try to concentrate on few places only. Travelling is never easy in Philippines especially with ferry to take.
When are you thinking to visit this country? If I may ask.

Black Corals!

Mid Mar to mid June only and the best time is from mid Apr to end of May. So the window is pretty small.
Weather is the only reason.
Plan your trip carefully and try to concentrate on few places only. Travelling is never easy in Philippines especially with ferry to take.
When are you thinking to visit this country? If I may ask.
Planning to be in the PH from mid-March to mid-April

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom