La Jolla Cove- guided dive recc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wdjpvaz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone- looking to dive La jolla cove for the first time. Would prefer to go with a guide who knows the area. Any recs on a DM/Guide for a private tour?
Thanks in adavnce

Most want you to meet them there. Al of Al's diving for less was willing to pick me up with needed gear and return to hotel. Nice if traveling without a car.

You might also try Power Scuba (It's a Meet-Up group and they also have a FaceBook page). Very active down there and a good chance to meet up with someone local that can guide you.

Have you called the local shops? Most of them do guided dives or can give you some phone numbers of local DMs. If you strike out PM me and I can give you some contacts.
Thanks Any local shop you would particularly recommend?

Thanks Any local shop you would particularly recommend?

I've heard ppl mention San Diego Divers for guided tours. Of course I've never used them (why would I?) for guided tours but they are one of the most respected dive shops in San Diego. Ocean Enterprises and House of Scuba are also well regarded.

Or you can roll the dice and contact San Diego Diver's next door neighbors (actually about 3 doors down): Unified Team Diving which is a full on Certification Agency and ask them if they can arrange a guide for you (not a course, just a guide). Maybe there's an instructor who can use a few extra bucks...

The PowerScuba suggestion is also solid. They're doing MeetUps at the Cove every Sunday from now until about September...

I second the Power Scuba recommendation, I dive with them and there is always someone diving at the cove. Also you could manage a pretty simple dive plan at the cove simply by swimming out to the first buoy and navigating toward the second bouy or also once out by the buoy if you work your way back to the shallows, back toward the beach (Will be self explanatory when you see it) its a real nice dive with lots to see! Again ask one of the thirty divers on the lawn for some tips

Power Scuba (WWW.POWERSCUBA.ORG) may indeed use Meetup as a web-hosting service, but references to us as a "Meetup group" miss the mark entirely. We are the largest scuba group in California, are a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, and host more dive-related events than most any other group on the West Coast.

So yeah, we pay Meetup $150 bucks a year to host our web site and give us a fantastic user/admin interface, but we're a little bit more than that.

In answer to the guy seeking buddies: Join our no-dues group and you'll very likely never need to seek elsewhere for a partner.

Cheers,

Bill Powers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom