Canon G15 + WD-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was testing my g15 with and without the WD-4 wide angle lens and the results are below. I'm assuming I'm seeing no magnification because of the lack of water between the lenses? I'm used to the W-20 lens which produces a near fisheye effect on land. I figured I'd at least see something with and without the lens. Can I get some clarification?

Thanks
Jim

IMG_4575.jpgIMG_4576.jpg

I was testing my g15 with and without the WD-4 wide angle lens and the results are below. I'm assuming I'm seeing no magnification because of the lack of water between the lenses? I'm used to the W-20 lens which produces a near fisheye effect on land. I figured I'd at least see something with and without the lens. Can I get some clarification?

Thanks
Jim

View attachment 163214View attachment 163215

Jim,

Above water the WD-4 is simply a clear window. Underwater, the WD-4 returns the 30% loss in coverage angle caused by light refraction. In other words, the WD-4 returns the the coverage angle of the camera lens that is lost underwater, but does not allow you to go wider than the G15 28mm capability.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom