Jablonski speaks about the Mars project, 9/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
GUE head Jarrod Jablonski is going to be in Seattle that weekend, and on Friday, he is giving a free public talk on the Mars project. For those who don't know about it, the Mars was a king's ship from the mid-1500s in Sweden, the largest ship of its type that had ever been built. In what I believe was its first battle, it was sunk . . . and Richard Lundgren, a Swedish wreck diver, was determined to find it. It took him years of searching, but he did (and I have been lucky enough to watch Richard's face light up like a beacon when he showed us the original sidescan sonar pictures), and for the last two years, divers have been exploring and documenting the wreck, and this summer, bringing up artifacts for the Swedish archaeological community to study.

I have been lucky enough to hear Jarrod speak on this project last fall. He is a very animated and entertaining speaker, and I am looking forward to the updates on what they have accomplished this year. If you are interested in wrecks, medieval history, or just a good diving tale, please consider attending this event. It's free, and it will be fun.

999117_10151835942657463_1300473729_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom