NITROX manual in electronic format?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Odivr

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if there is an online version available for the NITROX/Enriched Air PADI manual to purchase or subscribe? I won't have adequate internet access to take the eLearning option and I'm strapped for time.
Many thanks.

Unfortunately if you paid for the padi e-learning it is only available through their online system. The system is setup so it is nearly impossible (where there is a will there is a way) to save the course locally. This is to protect against copyright infringement and theft.

I would suggest if you are running out of time and don't have time to do the e-learning that you see if it is possible to cancel the e-learning and go with the manual and DVD. Neither one requires a internet connection.

This is prob not the answer you are looking for but it is the most logical especially since you said purchase or subscribe.

Not 100% sure what you mean in adequate internet. I used my cell phone 3g and 4g to view the e-learning on my laptop on my road trip to get my IDC work done. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply genx. I was asleep at the wheel and realized too late I have an opportunity to do EAN certification in Cayman next week. My LDS does not have the manual in stock right now. Approx 1-2 week turn around time. We'll be on board a Carnival ship and the ship's internet connection, apart from being quite pricy, in my experience leaves a LOT to be desired. I was hoping I can buy and simply download a copy to my kindle, kick back on the LIDO deck, and peruse the course materials at my leisure. I'll have to settle for a 2 day shipping option from an online retailer, although I'd much rather support my LDS.

PS, there are many iron-clad methods for enforcing electronic copyright protection. Just see what happened to B&N when they didn't "get on the digital band wagon" soon enough ;-) ...but I'm digressing now. Thanks again for your input

It is possible that your Carnival ship has an instructor on board who can certify you on your way.

John, thanks, I will definitely look into that. I know most RC ships have "dive shops" but we've been on only 1 Carnival cruise before and if I remember correct, that ship didn't have an on board dive kiosk. That will be the best option, probably not the cheapest, but I can't be too picky at this point .

Do you really need a nitrox cert at this time? Unless you are planning on 4 dives a day in excess of 50 - 60 feet it's not going to do much for you.

Do you really need a nitrox cert at this time? Unless you are planning on 4 dives a day in excess of 50 - 60 feet it's not going to do much for you.

Nearly every diver who will continue to dive actively should be nitrox certified, sooner or later

Last edited:
Jim, we're planning on doing approx 6 weeks of diving in the next 12 months. For this trip, no, it will not make a difference, but we need to start somewhere. If I can get the certification behind my back, I can focus on enjoying our future dive trips more, have more options available and hopefully better skills. And I truly prefer doing my dive training in the crystal clear Caribbean sea rather than another quarry here in N-TX ;-)

Jim, we're planning on doing approx 6 weeks of diving in the next 12 months. For this trip, no, it will not make a difference, but we need to start somewhere. If I can get the certification behind my back, I can focus on enjoying our future dive trips more, have more options available and hopefully better skills. And I truly prefer doing my dive training in the crystal clear Caribbean sea rather than another quarry here in N-TX ;-)
There is no actual dive requirement for PADI nitrox course..Best choice being that you have a few days before your trip would be to complete elearning, can be done in 1 evening easily, take "quick review" quiz at your LDS where you would also have any questions answered and learn how to use an analyzer log the findings and you are done.Total time at the LDS to accomplish all this is less than 30 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom