Mounting a light--(which light?) on my SSmagnus...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ft.lauderdale diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some perspectives.. I have a great 50w light monkey and a fantastic Magnus. Problem is I would like to have a light--not my 50w, mounted to the scooter for constant light. I am used to 5000 lumen with my 50w and recognize I'm not going to be able to mount a $2k light on the scooter.. Need a durable, bright, AFFORDABLE!!!!!--and easily mountable light. Suggestions? To both the light and the mounting recommendations/materials, etc?

Cave lighting? General deep wreck lighting? I'm typically driving the scooter with my right hand & have a light in my left anyway. You could strap on a small LED (light) flashlight near the nose cone for the heck of it? Zepps, older Farallons and Barry Miller of defunct Salvo had a few models with headlights.

I tried a few things many years back like putting on a Niterider light near the nose cone and strapping the battery pack near the aft/tailpiece. It just amounted to more work as it threw off the balance of the scooter and made driving harder.

Here's what I did with my scooter for video lighting. I used a weight belt to go around the scooter, fab'd 2 L shaped brackets to mount 3/4" lockline on and mounted 2 Sola's on the nose. They fold down when I don't want them sticking out and out when I want to video something.

Scooter lights.jpg

Pics not that good. I clipped a video shot. We are diving this weekend but will get some pics tomorrow of it, if you interested in seeing it close up.

This scooter is going to the wife next season and I am picking up a magnus/Halcyon/ect and building a video set up with UWLD 60 watt video lights.

Depending upon what kind of lights you're mounting, my mounting bracket may help you.
Pictured is a SeaLife DC800 with a video light and a strobe. This setup can easily be changed to two video lights etc.
If this is something that may help you, PM me. Maybe I can help you out.

SeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light - Diver's View.jpg
SeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light Front.jpg

Attachments

• SeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light Front2.jpg
    SeaLife DC800 w Strobe & Video Light Front2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom