Mask? Check! Regs? Check! Gas on? Check! Fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
[video=youtube_share;OqXusbLUfKA]http://youtu.be/OqXusbLUfKA[/video]

I even got "an award, suitable for framing" on the last night of the trip!

Yeah it happens lol. Not as bad kitting up and forgetting to turn the air on :). Hey I am new at this. Umm can you.... Yep... Yet to do it once in the water thank goodness :).

Yeah it happens lol. Not as bad kitting up and forgetting to turn the air on :).

That happened on this trip, too. Though not to me. (I wonder who THAT could have been...)

:d

Generally when in the water I like to keep the reg in the mouth except when speaking. Prevents taking a drink or two of salt water.

Generally when in the water I like to keep the reg in the mouth except when speaking. Prevents taking a drink or two of salt water.

Yup, but you'll notice I was speaking... cursing at myself, asking for my fins, etc.

---------- Post added November 28th, 2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

did that off a boat on my last outing... mid roll of the boat i was thinking, this is gonna be embarrassing lol

As I was stepping off I looked down at my foot and thought "something doesn't look right" just at the point I was committed to entering the water.

You'll hear me saying to my buddy "I win!" as I come up... we had been talking about which one of us would get the "blunder of the week" award. Though, he had the back-to-back two-fer of "gas not on" and "dry suit not zipped" on consecutive dives. (Karma got him, since he was laughing at me the whole time as he saw the crew guy standing behind me holding my fins up and smiling.)

Last edited:
I think my husband would qualify for that award. We were seated across from each other, waiting our turn to enter the water. I glanced at him. Something was wrong. Weight belt on, fins on, mask in hand. I'd seen a crew member turn his air on, and I'd zipped up his wetsuit. But something was wrong. He had left his hearing aids in!

Reactions: RJP
Did that off the Peace one time ... fortunately I stepped off the boat with a scooter in my hands.

Had a friend backroll off a RIB once without fins. Nobody really noticed till his feet came up and we realized he was missing something. He surfaced with this huge surprised look on his face. By then I was holding his fins and asking "need these?" He said "I have to get back on the boat!" "Why?" I asked. His response ... "I forgot to zip up my drysuit!"

:shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yup, but you'll notice I was speaking... cursing at myself, asking for my fins, etc.

---------- Post added November 28th, 2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

As I was stepping off I looked down at my foot and thought "something doesn't look right" just at the point I was committed to entering the water.

You'll hear me saying to my buddy "I win!" as I come up... we had been talking about which one of us would get the "blunder of the week" award. Though, he had the back-to-back two-fer of "gas not on" and "dry suit not zipped" on consecutive dives. (Karma got him, since he was laughing at me the whole time as he saw the crew guy standing behind me holding my fins up and smiling.)
I did the same at Catalina Dive Park. Jumped in and went " why am I not going anywhere with my kicks?
I also jumped in once forgetting to put my regulator in my mouth.
I guess I'm just excited to get in the water!

Back
Top Bottom