Looking for a way to dive in the near future (Seattle area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

printingfreak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Long story short I am visiting family in the Seattle area. I traveled with majority of my gear in hopes to do some diving in the area. I was working with a shop in the area to get a dive partner, however the shop has not done so and I am starting to have my doubts of them linking me up with a dive master (or anybody for that matter)

I know there are dive clubs in the area but I am not sure of any and or when they meet.
Does anybody have any suggestions where I can find a dive partner?

This is the first time I have traveled without a friend or two who is a diver so I am in uncharted territory.

Not to sound like a personal ad here but My skill level is PADI Rescue (including Advanced open water) with Dry suit certification. My last cold water dive was three weeks ago in fresh water 48 degrees. I got certified in March and have 63 dives to date.

Thank you to anybody who can help.

Long story short I am visiting family in the Seattle area. I traveled with majority of my gear in hopes to do some diving in the area. I was working with a shop in the area to get a dive partner, however the shop has not done so and I am starting to have my doubts of them linking me up with a dive master (or anybody for that matter) I know there are dive clubs in the area but I am not sure of any and or when they meet. Does anybody have any suggestions where I can find a dive partner? This is the first time I have traveled without a friend or two who is a diver so I am in uncharted territory. Not to sound like a personal ad here but My skill level is PADI Rescue (including Advanced open water) with Dry suit certification. My last cold water dive was three weeks ago in fresh water 48 degrees. I got certified in March and have 63 dives to date. Thank you to anybody who can help.

Welcome to the PNW! You're one of the rare divers who can scoff at the downright tepid water temp here in the balmy Puget Sound.

There are lots of great divers here. I'm not diving local right now but lots are, I'm sure they'll speak up.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Dont get me wrong I would love it if the water was in the 80s, but I learned if I want to experience everything Mother Nature has to provide; I have to sometimes venture out of my thermal comfort zone. :D

Last edited:
Second the recommendation for the NWDiveClub site. I'm sorry you didn't post here earlier -- I had more time this last week than I have coming up. I spent today on a boat -- the visibility is FABULOUS right now! -- and I need to get some stuff done tomorrow, so I won't be diving again until after the holidays. But I'm sure you can find a buddy on that list.

Long story short I am visiting family in the Seattle area. I traveled with majority of my gear in hopes to do some diving in the area. I was working with a shop in the area to get a dive partner, however the shop has not done so and I am starting to have my doubts of them linking me up with a dive master (or anybody for that matter)

I know there are dive clubs in the area but I am not sure of any and or when they meet.
Does anybody have any suggestions where I can find a dive partner?

This is the first time I have traveled without a friend or two who is a diver so I am in uncharted territory.

Not to sound like a personal ad here but My skill level is PADI Rescue (including Advanced open water) with Dry suit certification. My last cold water dive was three weeks ago in fresh water 48 degrees. I got certified in March and have 63 dives to date.

Thank you to anybody who can help.

Hi Printingfreak,

For how long are you going to be in the Seattle area?

If other options don't pan out, Seattle Dive Tours caters to divers visiting the area. It's not cheap ($159 for a two-tank shore dive), but they will pick you up at your hotel and supply all gear. No minimum number of divers required. I did this recently and it worked pretty well. I was guarantied a chance to dive and they were ready to meet the needs of a visitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, it makes me sad to think of anybody coming to our area having to pay someone to dive with them! We really do have a wonderful and welcoming community of divers (DIR and otherwise) here in Seattle, and you can almost always find someone who will show you around, if your constraints aren't too limiting. I haven't seen the OP post anything on the nwdiveclub site yet -- I hope he found a way to dive.

When are you going to be here? I'm leaving on January 3rd for Mexico. If it's before then I can probably get in a dive or two with ya ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the warm welcome to the area as well as great advice. I was posting on such short notice so did not have much time to act. I left this morning but I did find a shop that was willing to work with me. I am not trying to advertise or anything but there is a shop very close to the Edmonds Scuba Park that was open on Christmas Eve and were more than able to accommodate and link me up with someone. I was able to do a one tank dive at Edmonds, with pretty good vis. I was shocked by the size of some of the lingcod (sp?) and crab. Of course the Starfish were a unique sight to see when all I am used to seeing is about the size of your palm.

I will be back in this area eventually as my family is from the area.

On a different note I may have started a tradition of starting my Christmas Eve off with a Dive. (Regardless of my location)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom