Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I'm sitting around this morning drinking coffee looking outside to see a little snow has come in overnight, and so my thoughts turn to my New Years Dive and wonder what it will be like.
It will be a short and sweet dive in a lake for sure but what state? Home here in Arkansas their is but one choice for a short drive Beaver Lake.
But Mo has Table Rock not far away and a large wreck that I got to spend very little time on. But even closer is Ten Killer lake in Ok I had a blast here this Fall with a few friends and got some great video's!
Only time will tell what I will do I guess it depends on the weather. So this brings me to what you willl be doing for the 2014 season?
What is on your bucket list for the coming year and goals is what would be cool to read about so please share! :D

Mine are simple this next year.
1. re-visit old spot's in Texas that I have not been to in over ten years
2. venture to the Gulf coast
3. Have a great training season, and meet new people
4. work on new skills for deeper diving wreck's in Michigan and hope to see my old buddy again :wink:
5. Just dive, dive dive! :D

Not a long list but its a start!

Travel - Booked:
Indonesia trip: Lembeh Strait (9 dive days) & Bali (5 days) early in the year.

Travel - In the works:
Hawaii in the fall, hopefully with a stop in CA for a few days to dive Catalina.

Other:
Teach a bunch of scuba classes - keeps me out of trouble :wink:
Do a few drive & dive trips

Already planning my mid-summer spot; narrowed down to Roatan or a return to Cozumel. Sometime ins Nov/Dec we're going on a family vacation with the inlaws, thinking we may end up in the Cayman's or Tortola - time will tell. Overall, I just need more dive time and continues skill improvement.

First of... I am slightly confused. Might be the language barrier... What is a "dive-season"??

But.. My goals will be severely affected by me going back to school, so a lot less money to play around with...

So... More wreck-diving in Norway. Preferably get about 20ish dives in the 35-60m range in by July.
Get some more macrodiving done.
Get my T1+ upgrade around July/August-ish.
Do some more diving... :)

Some of the wrecks on plan are:
Oldenburg (In January)
Frankenwald
Fearnedale/Parat

And the most amazing maelstrom dive up in Saltstraumen.

I need to keep putting hours on the rebreather, but I also want to get back to Mexico to visit some of the tighter sidemount caves, such as Cenote Doggi.

This is going to be one busy diving year!

Fam trip to the Philippines in February, in preparation for taking a group there in October. (Anybody want to join us?)

Socorros in March with my original OW instructor, who has become a close friend.

Back to Mexico at the end of April.

Monterey over Memorial Day weekend.

Back to the Philippines in October, and back to MX in December, among other things finally to get an opportunity to participate in the annual science project.

And of course, in the meantime, helping Peter teach diving, getting work done on our local Project Baseline, and continuing to play with my camera!

Chronologically: (same as 2013)
20 dives FL panhandle
10 dives Nova Scotia
hopefully DM a pool session or 2
12 dives NY & area
25 dives Nova Scotia
DM 2 or 3 full OW classes
Repeat in 2015 reaching dive 500 in June
Why does she say I have too many routines???

2014 will be a little slower. We've been blessed the last few years with multiple Caribbean trips, but 2014 will probably just be the Scubaboard Invasion of Roatan in April and will look to do some diving in Florida. I'd like to learn how to properly hunt lionfish.

400 dives in FL,GA,SC and NC...kill 1000+ lionfish....find another new natural wreck...continue my safety streak...continue to educate towards and advocate for sustainable harvest of fish in the S. Atlantic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom