Setup ScubaPro BP/W Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi:

This should be a quick and easy question... I am putting together my new ScubaPro 30 Lb. wing and aluminum backplate. I just noticed while stringing the SP cam straps through the single tank adapter I could bolt the straps to the STA too In other words the bolt would pass through the cam strap, STA, and wing.

Do I do this or not? Or does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi:

This should be a quick and easy question... I am putting together my new ScubaPro 30 Lb. wing and aluminum backplate. I just noticed while stringing the SP cam straps through the single tank adapter I could bolt the straps to the STA too In other words the bolt would pass through the cam strap, STA, and wing.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

I would not. At least until you have it all settled out. I like to be able to remove my cam bands to attach weight pockets or my light holster. I also like my cam bands opposite one another.

N

i wouldn't do it. I prefer being able to remove the cam strap if needed (to put on weight pockets, for example), or at least adjust its position, to put the buckle where I want it. It probably will not matter in terms of actual in-water performance of the rig.

One reason to do it might be to keep your cam buckles where you want them once you've decided where that is.

Back
Top Bottom