Regulator touching top of OxyCheq 30 Wing... Should I be concerned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinRyan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just put together my first BP/W this weekend and I noticed the top of the wing is touching the bottom of the Reg.

I've got a ScubaMax balanced piston (yoke style) reg that is fairly long, so I inverted it to keep from hitting my head on it. This worked with my jacket but appears to be too long for the wing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I wouldn't worry about it, personally. Double check there's no abrasion after the first couple dives with it this way and adjust if there is. Otherwise I don't see how there's going to be any significant issue with it.

Can you take a picture of it?

Sure I'll snap a pic when I get home tonight?

---------- Post added January 8th, 2014 at 12:38 PM ----------

I wouldn't worry about it, personally. Double check there's no abrasion after the first couple dives with it this way and adjust if there is. Otherwise I don't see how there's going to be any significant issue with it.

Thankfully the wing material appears to be very thick and durable. I'll watch it over the next few dives.

You don't have to worry about the wing, I'm just curious about the house routing, assuming you've turned them down (to avoid hitting your head on the first stage).

How are you liking your Scubamax regulator?

How are you liking your Scubamax regulator?

So far it works as advertised. I've put 15 dives on it since purchasing it in August. I don't have much to compare it to, since it’s the first reg I've ever owned. In my opinion, the Price to Performance ratio is pretty darn good with the ScubaMax brand.

Its a little long, so inverting it is necessary. I think that UTD sells the same Reg (PZ-1 with a DIN Connection), just rebranded. I imagine both regs are built in the same factory in China.

I'll post a pic of my configuration tonight.

So far it works as advertised. I've put 15 dives on it since purchasing it in August. I don't have much to compare it to, since it’s the first reg I've ever owned. In my opinion, the Price to Performance ratio is pretty darn good with the ScubaMax brand.

Its a little long, so inverting it is necessary. I think that UTD sells the same Reg (PZ-1 with a DIN Connection), just rebranded. I imagine both regs are built in the same factory in China.

I'll post a pic of my configuration tonight.

Taiwan is the country of origin... They're made alongside MANY other offbrand regulators. However, ScubaMax.us has ridiculous prices.

We've been a dealer for their soft goods for a while, I just haven't had the cojones to try out one of their regulators yet. Their 2nd stages look kinda clunky.

I wouldn't worry about the wing touching the reg.
Also, you will very likely have very little gas in the wing during your dive.

If it bothers you, you can raise or lower the plate and wing in relation to the tank, before tightening the cam bands.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom