WTB Shearwater Petrel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydrostatic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to buy a backup to my Petrel. Let me know if you have one, and how much. PM is fine.

Thanks!

Go to 'Cave Diver's Forum'......You'l find more Petrels for sale there.........

Thanks for the tip. I've posted there as well.

Dive gear express online just lowered their price $100!

Marissa, I think that's due to the awesome run the Canadian dollar has had of late with Shearwater being a Canadian company. CAD equivalent reads $940 which is pretty close to the $950 it used to be when our dollar was at par (noticed that the OP was from up in the great white north too).

Mark

From Canada as well. I could purchase it from Dive Gear Express and have it shipped to an address in Houston, since I'll be visiting a friend on Friday the 14th in Houston, then off to Bonaire. There have been a few offers of Predators, but waiting to see if a Petrel comes up. I may just buy a new one...

Hydrostatic, both Aquasport and the Dive Shop in Calgary are dealers and as MSRP is $950 CAD you shouldn't have any problems getting it from either of them at an equivalent price, if not cheaper. DGE is awesome and I have used them before, but for many things it just isn't justified when you take into account shipping and duty, plus some of our shops here are owned by really excellent people and if you can support them without costing yourself much if anything, why not buy local?

I'm not a fan of Aquasport; pretty much at all, even though I bought my first set of gear from them including the Petrel I have. I've given them several attempts to provide quality customer service to a low maintenance customer, in the sense that I know what I want before I come to the store to buy it, and I haven't left a happy camper anytime I've purchased something there. So I just stopped buying from them, and went to online purchasing, as the prices from IDC in Vancouver and other online retailers are often lower than any of the LDS'. Since then (just over a year now), I have spent an additional $15-20K on sidemount set-ups, spare everything, and gone on 2 LDS trips abroad.

I'll give the Dive Shop a call and see if they have one if no one offers up a used one in the next couple of days. Thanks for the tip!

I've always had excellent service at Aquasport, Charlene, the owner has consistently gone above and beyond, but I guess that's why there is more than one shop in town, I get how a bad experience can sour a relationship. Hopefully you can find a petrel at The Dive Shop before your trip.

Back
Top Bottom