Uwatec Service Symbol but still has battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanothon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Uwatec Smart Tec just began displaying the service symbol but it reads that it still has 69% battery. It look about 200 dives to get it to that so I would assume there would be plenty of life left in it. I have read some other posts on this issue but it was never clear to me whether or not the symbol being there was an actual issue.

Does it mean I actually don't know how much battery is left? From what I have read 200 dives to 69% sounds about right.

You should send it in.
The manual states not to use it if the service icon is displayed.
It also lists Maintenance as;The tank pressure gauge and the parts of this product used to measure the tank pressure should be serviced
by an authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealer every second year or after 200 dives (whichever comes first).

concur with underH2Oman

Battery life is not the only thing that triggers the service icon.

From the manual’s Appendix 2, Maintenance (bottom of page 32):
The tank pressure gauge and the parts of Smart COM used to measure the tank pressure should be serviced by an authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealer every second year or after 200 dives (whichever comes first).
(like he said)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom