Dive Rite plate & Oxycheq Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsppc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
trying to fit an Oxycheq mach V wing to a DR SS plate. Cam band slots do not line up. What's up with this? I was not aware the wing and plate were not compatable. Am I missing something?

You could post pics. If the wing has short little slots for the cam bands then it's easy to have a mismatch with the plate. A single tank adapter (TLA = STA) should allow you to use that wing with that plate.

With the top bolt in place the top cam slot on the wing and plate are aligned. The spacing between cam slots on the wing and plate are different and do not line up for the second cam band to be installed.

Very strange. I don't mean to be rude but are you sure? pics would help. I dove Oxy Mach V wings with DR plates for a few years without STA and cam bands lined up fine with plate slots. If you are correct something, obviously, is very wrong they should work fine. Again, pics would definitely help.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 12:41 AM ----------

I don't know where you are but if you can't figure it out or get anyone to help you locally I'm sure we could sort it out via Skype or FT. PM me if you need to.

No problem with the Hollis Alu backplate...both with or without STA..

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Took it by my LDS and sure enough, the Mach V wing slots do not line up with the slots on the DR plate. They exchanged the DR plate for an Oxycheq plate and all is good now. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it by my LDS and sure enough, the Mach V wing slots do not line up with the slots on the DR plate. They exchanged the DR plate for an Oxycheq plate and all is good now. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very strange. I guess either DR or Oxycheq must have had a redesign, I used them together without issue.

Back
Top Bottom