Scootering the SS Wexford

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AngloFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
4:30am comes early but it was well worth the pain. 2.5hrs later I was standing on the dock in Port Franks to board the Planet Express for the SS Wexford.
Conditions were just about perfect on the lake and only started to roughen up at the end of the last dive.
The Wexford is a 250ft long, 40ft wide steel freighter with 3 decks. She sank in 1913 and was only discovered back in 2000. Max depth was about 80ft to the mud and the temps were around 48F at the bottom.
I've noticed that youtube will no longer allow you to force HD so remember to switch for the best experience :)

[youtubehq]Bc-oku2ZmA4[/youtubehq]

I was one of the first on her. I found her bell and tons of portholes, now they are gone and the wreck has deteriorated over the decade. Great video though!

That must have been awesome seeing her more or less intact. Didn't happen to get any video at all eh? Would love to see some..

I will see if I can format it to online. You would drop to see what she looked like with very little zebras and some of her wooden upper works laid on the deck. I was only 10 when I got invited to do my 2nd wreck dive.

Lol "10 when I got invited"
1. you lucky bast*&#
2. thanks for making me feel old :)

Seriously if you have some please post if up, I would really like to see it. Same charter op is trying to put together a 2 day (4 dives) run up to the North Wind at the end of August so I'm looking forward to a wreck not covered in Z's!

I will see if I can format it to online. You would drop to see what she looked like with very little zebras and some of her wooden upper works laid on the deck. I was only 10 when I got invited to do my 2nd wreck dive.

---------- Post added June 24th, 2014 at 09:10 AM ----------

They will completely ruin you for fining :wink:
Great Vid! Scooters look like a blast!

---------- Post added June 24th, 2014 at 09:11 AM ----------

Aug 23-24, Fully Tek is running to the North wind, book'em Dano!

You didn't wait for me. Pffff

Back
Top Bottom