Tragedy at Beismeyer Point this Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhxSki

Contributor
Reaction score
Beth, Steve and I were diving Beismeyer Point this morning. There appeared to be a number of scuba classes in the immediate area.

Upon surfacing from our first dive, we noted that CPR was being performed on a diver with one of the classes. One of the by-standers indicated that the individual had apparently collasped after exiting the water and informing his companions that he wasn't feeling well. The MCSO arrived on the scene as well as fire department personnel. Unfortnately, the individual was apparently pronounced dead at the scene given the fact that he was removed in a body bag. What a tragedy. My condolences to his family

Anyone have any additional information?

I was out at Biesmeyer Point that morning as one of a party of three. Another diver swam up to us and signaled to surface. He explained he was looking for a doctor he'd heard was diving there. By the time we all swam ashore, the fire engine and ambulance team had arrived. I too saw the body bag being carried away and wish to know more details about who it was and just what happened.

My google searches have not yet turned anything up, other than a ScubaBoard thread about a very similar incident that happened five years ago to the day (Aug 16, 2009). Disquieting coincidence.

My empathy goes out to the family, the rest of the dive group and everyone touched by this tragedy.

Randall

Beth, Steve and I were diving Beismeyer Point this morning. There appeared to be a number of scuba classes in the immediate area.

Upon surfacing from our first dive, we noted that CPR was being performed on a diver with one of the classes. One of the by-standers indicated that the individual had apparently collasped after exiting the water and informing his companions that he wasn't feeling well. The MCSO arrived on the scene as well as fire department personnel. Unfortnately, the individual was apparently pronounced dead at the scene given the fact that he was removed in a body bag. What a tragedy. My condolences to his family

Anyone have any additional information?

Back
Top Bottom