Pro Plus 3 wet activation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmrangel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I also posted this in the computer section but thought it might be better here, sorry for the cross posting.

I have a new Pro Plus 3 that I have used on 1 dive. Since then, it seems to wake up randomly. I have seen in the manual that it has a wet activation feature and that you are supposed to be able to turn this off. I was hoping to turn this off so I can see if it is getting glitches that are responsible for waking it up. I am concerned I will drain the battery too quickly.

Anybody know how to turn wet activation off? I can't find it in the manual or from looking thru the options on the computer.
Thanks

I talked to Oceanic USA tech support today. They basically told me to clean the contacts and if that does not work to call back for a RMA. They would fix it under warranty but made sure by mentioning several times that I would have to supply a receipt and only from an authorized oceanic dealer otherwise the warranty would not be valid. For those of you considering an oceanic product take note of where you buy it from and make sure they are "authorized" before you buy the product or you may end up without any warranty at all. If you are like me, you look for price, reputation, etc. and I have not really thought about if they were "authorized" or not. I would guess most big online places are authorized, maybe some/most LDS. In my case, I did not get it from one of the large online companies and could have messed up by looking at price/reputation/delivery and not checking to see if they were authorized .... I will be finding out soon though!

They also said that the manual is wrong and that the Pro Plus 3.0 does not have the ability to turn off wet activation. I have also seen this feature in product descriptions for the computer so this is very disappointing and quite misleading. Interesting quality control to have features mentioned in the manual and product listings that don't exist.

I have several oceanic products (computer, knife, BCD) and, in general, like their products. This has made me think twice about future purchases, or at least make sure I buy it from a place that is "authorized" and therefore the warranty will be respected. The impression that was left was that they were only interested in standing behind their products only in the minimally, industry acceptable way and not really solidly behind their stuff the way some companies are ... oh well, good to know. Probably not an issue for a $30 knife but much different perspective on a $800 dive computer ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom