gauge pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

for a sidemount kit, there are some store who want to sell me gauge pressure for air and some other for oxygen.

oxygen should be only if my bootle only contain oxygen?

thanks

An SPG will work for any gas mix that is in the tank however it should be oxygen clean and only use viton o-rings.

You need Oxy-clean for gas that has more than 40% O2, at least that's the usual rule.

If you're talking about the SPGs for your main tanks, those are almost never higher than 40% O2, so there's no point in Oxy-clean.

Remember, once it's used with air, it usually isn't oxy-clean anymore.

You need Oxy-clean for gas that has more than 40% O2, at least that's the usual rule.

If you're talking about the SPGs for your main tanks, those are almost never higher than 40% O2, so there's no point in Oxy-clean.

Remember, once it's used with air, it usually isn't oxy-clean anymore.
Spoken like a true tech diver!

Mods- It's about time we split the sidemount forum into a recreational sidemount forum under the 'Basic Diving' section, and 'Overhead Sidemount' forum under technical diving.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2014 at 09:05 PM ----------

for a sidemount kit, there are some store who want to sell me gauge pressure for air and some other for oxygen.
For high concentrations of oxygen (deco bottles) use a naked pressure gauge, replace butyl rubber o-rings with viton, apply a thin layer of oxygen compatible lube (e.g., Christo lube).

oxygen should be only if my bootle only contain oxygen?
I use viton o-rings and Christo Lube on all my regs, valve and neck o-rings. I have a dedicated deco bottle.

My main bottles are O2 cleaned, or as clean as scuba cylinders get. I typically dive them with EANx32, and often have them partial pressured mixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom