Dive Rite Nitek HE Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndySCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I see the battery for the HE is a CR 123. Would it be possible to verify? And any info on the o-ring and anything else needed for the replacement?
Thanks!

Yes, a CR123A. Pages 50-51 of the manual detail the procedure. It is easy.

Thanks a lot, that's helpful.
The manual says to re-use the o-ring. I prefer to use a new one if I could get the specifics.

Well, a dive buddy of mine's using the Nitek He, and bought that kind of kit with a new battery, new o-ring and silicon grease. I've dive myself with a Nitek Trio, and have changed the battery quite often, still using the o-ring that came with my computer, never had a problem so far.

Btw, if anybody had any idea where to get a new one, that would be great. Never found the correct reference in the manual as a matter of fact.

Change the battery quite often?? you must live underwater.... bought both of mine used and just recently changed the batteries because I had no idea how long they had been in the computers.... I've had the computers for about 3 years with no sign of batteries dying.

Tim

Change the battery quite often?? you must live underwater.... bought both of mine used and just recently changed the batteries because I had no idea how long they had been in the computers.... I've had the computers for about 3 years with no sign of batteries dying.

Tim

Well, I've got my Trio 5 years ago, and I've noticed after about 50 dives the battery is almost out (erratic display, usually before the low battery symbols appears). So, as I prefer to be safer than sorry I usually change the battery after 55 dives or so, meaning I need one or two per year. I tend to dive longer thant 45' mostly, and about 1/3 of my dives are in waters between 12 and 14°C, that may explain the short life of the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom