Thanks for the Support! Did not know where else to put this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Was just going over my Amazon and Kindle reports. I put the second edition of my book out in March with little publicity except here and on Facebook. As of today, in addition to the 510 + copies(+/- 20 or so) in print and Pdf for the 1st edition, I have 102 print of the second edition and 185 Kindle version purchases of the 2nd edition.

For a grand total of around 800 copies around the world. This does not include the few free copies I've given to those who I felt really needed them and the ones I have sold myself at shows.

I have about ten on hand now for anyone who wants a signed edition! I was told by a good friend that aside from agency texts, 500 copies in a niche market like this is considered by some to be a best seller.

I don't know about that but I am pretty happy with this. Not that I would mind a bunch more readers!

Makes a great Christmas Gift for the new diver, those thinking of taking up the activity, and even the experienced one.
It is with much gratitude that I thank all of my readers and future readers. This was enough of a jolt that I just pulled up the outline for the next one. :=)

A bit of trivia, two copies sold in the auction to help with SB's legal fees awhile back for around 750.00 each. A number of them went for at least a hundred.

You can get your own for much less: SCUBA: A Practical Guide for the New Diver: James A Lapenta: 9781494900250: Amazon.com: Books

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom