Seattle/Alaska Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twisticles

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there,

For my sins, I work for a cruise line (hey its a living!), and will be cruising the area from Mid-May for a few months.

Ports and available times are:

Seattle, Sundays 8.00am-4.00pm
Ketchikan, Mondays 8.00am - 3.00pm
Juneau, Tuesdays 8.00am- 2.00pm
Skagway, Wednesdays 8.00am-5.00pm
Prince Rupert, Thursdays 2.00pm - 9.00pm

(Times are kinda limiting, I know)

Anyone know of any reputable dive operators in these areas? Anyone wanna buddy? Desparate to get wet while I'm in the area! Recommendations for decent dives?

Also, I'm coming via Hong Kong and Thailand, with four months of clothes for work, I figure the dry suit will take me over my baggage allowance - is it possible to rent dry suits in these areas?

About me: 100+ dives, mostly OW, a few wrecks, split evenly between cold Atlantic (Cape Town), North Sea (UK) and warm (Caribbean etc.) boat and shore, bringing my single BP+W traveling rig...

Any help/pointers gratefully received! :fruit:

Cheers,
Matt

www.cryogen.com/twisticles

Twisticles:
Anyone know of any reputable dive operators in these areas? Anyone wanna buddy? Desparate to get wet while I'm in the area! Recommendations for decent dives?
For the Seattle area, you can go out on Bandito Charters for boat diving and there is a lot of excellent shore diving as well. I would be more than happy to hook up and dive with you while you're here, as will Bob (NW Grateful Diver).

I can't speak to renting a drysuit. I'm sure someone else will be able to chime in on that.

Jimmie

What Sunday will you be thinking to dive in the Seattle area? Where you can dive will be very dependent on tidal exchanges ... the best dive sites are the most current sensitive.

As Kalvyn said, there's a very active dive community here ... and it's real easy to find dive buddies. If I'm not working with a class, I'll be happy to show ya around.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Guys,
Thanks for a great response...I don't know which Sunday, it depends on my work schedule...if I'm lucky it might even be *most* Sundays that I'm available.

I'm not there until Mid-May as it happens, I'll PM nearer the time.

Cheers,
Matt

Ditto that. It's a great dive community and a great place to dive. Even the non-current intensive sites are a lot of fun (of course we dive them all the time, so we can seem less than enthusiastic sometimes). There is also great diving in Southeast Alaska. Get with the folks at The Scuba Tank in Juneau (they have a web site but I don't have the URL handy). Hope to see you diving!

Bill Ferrell

Twisticles:
Hey there,

For my sins, I work for a cruise line (hey its a living!), and will be cruising the area from Mid-May for a few months.

Ports and available times are:

Seattle, Sundays 8.00am-4.00pm
Ketchikan, Mondays 8.00am - 3.00pm
Juneau, Tuesdays 8.00am- 2.00pm
Skagway, Wednesdays 8.00am-5.00pm
Prince Rupert, Thursdays 2.00pm - 9.00pm

(Times are kinda limiting, I know)

Also, I'm coming via Hong Kong and Thailand, with four months of clothes for work, I figure the dry suit will take me over my baggage allowance - is it possible to rent dry suits in these areas?

About me: 100+ dives, mostly OW, a few wrecks, split evenly between cold Atlantic (Cape Town), North Sea (UK) and warm (Caribbean etc.) boat and shore, bringing my single BP+W traveling rig...

Any help/pointers gratefully received! :fruit:

Cheers,
Matt

www.cryogen.com/twisticles
not comming to sitka huh??sitka has the best diving in southest alaska if u came here Ill take u out diving

Sorry I've been so quiet guys - still wanting to Dive the PNW...but carelessly lost my appendix a couple of weeks and not feeling up to lugging tanks right now.

And I'm not going to Sitka because I work on a ship and we don't dock in Sitka!

Cheese,

Twisticles

King crabs r in shallow just north of your landing in town here.....Wana go get some??

Back
Top Bottom