Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Doyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi to all,
I just joined the board yesterday!
I live in Seattle area but travel frequently to Miami for business and i just got my certification the first of this year down in the Keys. I know, regular travel from Seattle to Miami? I couldn't have picked a project geographically further than this.
I'm hoping to get rid of the training wheels soon and do some more exciting dives but for now I'm happy keeping it simple and relaxed.
I hope to meet others in Seattle and Miami to buddy up with and gain more experience. I started my certification training here in Seattle with mixed results. Dry suits, whoa.... They can be difficult. I started learning in a pool that was kept at around 90 degrees to keep these little 4 yr old kids comfortable in the water as they learn to swim. Good for them, MISERABLE for me.
Next we proceeded to Alki Beach near downtown Seattle in Puget Sound. I did what you never want to do in a dry suit. Feet first out of control ascent. What excitement!
I'm backing off on diving in Seattle for now until I get more comfortable with my equipment and diving in general. I'll be mostly diving in So. Florida and I'll be looking for a buddy to dive with on weekends. I hear there are some amazing beach dives, (Blue Heron Bridge, areas of Ft. Lauderdale) that I'm hoping to partner with someone soon.
I am so excited about this adventure and look forward to meeting others that share this excitement. If you can put up with a brand new diver, and are looking for a dive buddy, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hope to see you soon!
Greg

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.........good luck and enjoy.

Hello from Seattle. If you want to meet up for a dive, let me know, though most of my dives are Monday/Thursday nights when my girlfriend is off at yoga.

Hi Kosta, it looks like you're in Seattle?
I spend about three weeks in Miami for business and then two to three back in Seattle.
I want to get more UW time in with warm clear water before I attempt the dry suit again. That was a very bad day....
I have a Mares D6 dry suit that I hope to become friends with someday.
By the spring time, I'll be ready to take the plunge back into PS.
Which end of the area are you in? I'm in Kent.
Regards,
Greg

Hi Greg and congratulations on getting your OW certification! I live in northern Maine and have only been diving in Florida as well. Hoping to meet up with some local divers for the warmer months and then build on it from there to hopefully one day include night, dry and eventually ice diving. Good luck and welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom