New diver looking for a dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wordizbon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello divers. I'm Deshawn. I have been certified with PADI OW since 2011 and did not take advantage of it until last year in Turks & Caicos. Now I have the fever and am looking to explore it more. I travel around quite a bit and would love to find a dive buddy that has similar interest. I live in Jacksonville, FL but grew up and spend a lot of time in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I'm hoping to get my advanced OW certification in December and plan on doing the Keys a few times since I've always gone down there as a youth. I've visited Iceland and snorkeled the Silfra Fissure but unfortunately didn't get my dry suit cert in time and will be going back next year.

I hope to learn a lot from fellow divers and make this a long term hobby of mine and learn a lot while doing so. Anyone interested, please feel free to contact me.

Hello divers. I'm Deshawn. I have been certified with PADI OW since 2011 and did not take advantage of it until last year in Turks & Caicos. Now I have the fever and am looking to explore it more. I travel around quite a bit and would love to find a dive buddy that has similar interest. I live in Jacksonville, FL but grew up and spend a lot of time in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I'm hoping to get my advanced OW certification in December and plan on doing the Keys a few times since I've always gone down there as a youth. I've visited Iceland and snorkeled the Silfra Fissure but unfortunately didn't get my dry suit cert in time and will be going back next year.

I hope to learn a lot from fellow divers and make this a long term hobby of mine and learn a lot while doing so. Anyone interested, please feel free to contact me.
Not in your area, but new to scuba as well. Did my first discover scuba in April of 2022, OW in November 2022, and just completed my Advanced last week. All done in Cozumel.

I am also in Jax, dive the springs and go down south regularly, send me a PM. Best place to find buddy’s is on Facebook pages, search for “looking for dive buddys in Florida”.

Not in your area, but new to scuba as well. Did my first discover scuba in April of 2022, OW in November 2022, and just completed my Advanced last week. All done in Cozumel.
That's awesome. I'm going to Cancun to dive in November, then in December doing my Advanced OW in a springs in N. Florida. I'd love to dive Cozumel soon. You ever go to S. Florida? I'm doing the Keys hopefully soon after my Advanced OW class.

Yeah I finally got onto Dive Buddy. They kept denying my account for whatever reason. I had to email customer service several times and finally got in.
That's odd. I don't know why that happened. I didn't have any trouble when I joined, but that was about 9 years ago so things may have changed. I do remember they had a problem with a bunch of scammers joining a few years ago and spamming the site. So your experience may be a direct result of that.

That's awesome. I'm going to Cancun to dive in November, then in December doing my Advanced OW in a springs in N. Florida. I'd love to dive Cozumel soon. You ever go to S. Florida? I'm doing the Keys hopefully soon after my Advanced OW class.
We will be in Puerto Aventuras (near Playa del Carmen). If you are planning to be in that area I can be available to ocean dive if you need a buddy. Send me a PM.

That's odd. I don't know why that happened. I didn't have any trouble when I joined, but that was about 9 years ago so things may have changed. I do remember they had a problem with a bunch of scammers joining a few years ago and spamming the site. So your experience may be a direct result of that.
That's what I was told

Back
Top Bottom