SP Jet Fins and Large Feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
With my boots on I have size 13 feet. I just recently purchased jet fins and and have found that my toes don't come close to the front of the toe box. The fins are sized XL but the foot box is still too small for my dry boots. My spring straps don't come close to fitting. The dive shop said that I should cut a slit (from heal to toe) about 2" long and then fabricate a lace system.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

overexposed2X:
With my boots on I have size 13 feet. I just recently purchased jet fins and and have found that my toes don't come close to the front of the toe box. The fins are sized XL but the foot box is still too small for my dry boots. My spring straps don't come close to fitting. The dive shop said that I should cut a slit (from heal to toe) about 2" long and then fabricate a lace system.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Scubapro recently introduced an XXL version of the fin. The
local dive shop should know about these and be able to order
them for you.

The suggestion is an "interesting" one.

Enjoy

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

Yah, your shop is just too lazy to fix you up with the right size fins.
Turtles are bigger than XL Jets, and XXL Jets are even bigger yet. If those are too small for ya, you shouldn't even need fins anymore.
Bring the suckers back & tell your shop to do their job or you'll buy 'em on the internet for $75.

Bob3:
Yah, your shop is just too lazy to fix you up with the right size fins.
Turtles are bigger than XL Jets, and XXL Jets are even bigger yet. If those are too small for ya, you shouldn't even need fins anymore.
Bring the suckers back & tell your shop to do their job or you'll buy 'em on the internet for $75.

Thanks all for your input. I figure the LDS is not aware of the XXL's. I'll get them on that.

d33ps1x:
Regardless of people's foot size this is an equipment question, not a DIR question.

Wrong forum.
The only reason I posted in DIR was because the suggestion of the LDS (lacing system) did not sound like DIR. Since I want my configuration to be DIR - I feel this was an appropriate forum. Since when is it unacceptable to pose questions about equipment in the DIR forum?

Back
Top Bottom