Opinions on the best digital camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabob1234

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
Any suggestions on the best overall digital camera, best for overall ease of use and results?

scubabob1234:
Hi
Any suggestions on the best overall digital camera, best for overall ease of use and results?

I have a Canon S50 and love it, but I just wish Canon sold more underwater accessories than just the housing. A complete strobe setup would be nice. Being new to photography it's difficult for me to know what will work and what won't with this camera. So, maybe go with a brand with more U/W accessories...

This is a regular question that is answered almost daily. If you'll read through this board or do a search, you'll find lots of information.

scubabob 1234,
Your question is more complex than you imagine. There is more involved than the three criterias you mentioned.
1. For starters, Canon and Olympus appear to be the most popular and both make housings for several of their camera models.
2. Consider what you will be doing with your photos. That will help determine what megapixel camera to choose.
3. Consider what accessories you will eventually add such as tray/handle, external strobe and arm, lenses that attach underwater. Your choice of camera & housing must accommodate these items.
4. Compare camera features so that you have full control of the cameras settings. Taking photos underwater translates to you take the photos as in "manual mode" not the camera as in "auto mode".

Spend some time searching the forum and watching the posts. It is the best way to get information.

beir:
I have a Canon S50 and love it, but I just wish Canon sold more underwater accessories than just the housing. A complete strobe setup would be nice. Being new to photography it's difficult for me to know what will work and what won't with this camera. So, maybe go with a brand with more U/W accessories...
I have a CanonS50 as well and am looking for a housing. See many for S60/70 but having problems finding the 50. Any ideas - unless I am missing something, I can't even find it on the Canon site.

Get a sony, it comes with a underwater housing and red filter, apparently only Sony has the red filter...not sure about Canon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom