Palau in Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlpjr1966

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks..

Thinkn about taking a trip to Palau in Sept. There is a great airfare till then. I understand it is officially typhon season and according to one of my books the "best" time to go is December to March. Anyone know why they say that? Anyone know how much food will cost and whats available in Koror? I have been thinking about a liveaboard but they are not going every week.. and the weeks they are going will cost me more vacation time. How much will I miss being land based vs. live aboard? Thanks !!

Was in Palau last June. Liveaboard was definitely the way to go. We would hit a popular dive site like Blue Corner at 7:45 AM. Back to the board by 9 for a snack. Around 9:30 the dive boats from town would start to go by in a big line. By that point they had been going for an hour, while we had a 5 minute skiff ride each way. Did 23 dives, only once were there other dive groups in the water with us. It was great to have the sites to ourselves.

The best thing is the being close to the sites. The divers from town had an hour's boat ride (each way, total 2 hours) plus two dives (another two hours), plus surface interval (only having an hour between dives limits bottom time of 2nd dive) equals 5 hours packed in a small boat.

Back on board the Aggressor, we had surface intervals which included a warm shower, either a meal or snack, a lie down in the hammock etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom