Gallery Image Posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Because of the recent increase in gallery usage I have built a small function to help you post your latest images from the gallery and into the forum. Instead of copying urls and and image locations, simply follow these steps:

1. Go to the gallery page with the thumbnail for your image (my gallery or a category).
  2. Click the link next to the "Forum Link" column.
  3. Your link code is copied to your computer clipboard, to use it paste the code using Control + V the Paste option on your toolbar.

This process will generate all of the code needed to display your image's thumbnail and a link to the full version along with a copyright, author name and gallery link incase you want to post your image on another forum. If you need to use HTML to post your thumbnail on a normal website you should be able to easily modify this code to suit your needs.

If you have any suggestions to improve this feature or modifications to the default code and text please let me know.

As an example I have copied a random image from the gallery and posted it in this thread to show the results of this feature:

Image by Turtleguy (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Thank you for using Scuba Board, it is my hope that features like this will make our gallery even more useful to our users, especially the regular members of this forum.

A small note, this hack uses a IE browser feature to manipulate the clipboard and copy the code, it may or may not work in other browsers, I am working on alternative solutions.

Well, I don't get it. Where is the "forum link column"??

When you are viewing your gallery (page of up to 18 of your pictures) there is a list of information under each thumprint. The last entry on that list is the forum link column. just click the words....It's gone!...I'll get back to you one this....gotta check site support.

Well, I can stop beating my head against the wall now :) But, that is kinda annoying. I wasted almost an hour trying to figure it out. Shouldn't have the sticky if it is no longer valid. :banghead:

You're right. We'll see what Ted as to say - if it's gone by mistake or what as they were working on the gallery last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom