Fdog, Leesa - More Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Fdog & Leesa:

Motivated by your requests, I scanned and uploaded about 30 of my Belize pics which now comprise all but 1 picture in my gallery. Your comments (and that of other viewers) are appreciated.

FDog: Your film vs digital thread won't quit. One of these days I will mortgage the homestead and buy a good digital UW rig. In the meantime, thank you for reintroducing me to slide film. The Provia colors were great! I have shot a lot of negative film and (although the quality of the Portras is exceptional) I am getting seduced by slides.

Dee: If you are reading this (don't you read everything on this forum?) how about a subforum for us Nikonos Neanderthals?

Thanks to all.

---Bob

Bob - not leesa nor fdog, but...

I like your gallery - wonderful colours and some really nice composition. Looks like the nurse sharks there are extremely much more mellow than ours here - if we did that to them they'd never come back to the site!

A beautiful selection of images, thanks.

Very nice, Bob! I liked the way you're using divers as background interest, I bet the blues are fantastic on the slide!

Very nice reflection on the Eklhorn Forest, quite creative.

Keep it up!

All the best, James

Alcina:

The nurse sharks off San Pedro were well fed and very much accustomed to divers. They would submit to handling by the divemaster. I know a lot of members think it is wrong to interact with marine animals like this, but it did make for some nice photos. In South Florida where I dive there are a lot of nurse sharks but most are wary of divers. If you tried to handle them you are most likely to get bit. One local reef has a nurse that has discovered how to startle divers and then make off with a meal in the diver's fish or lobster bag. I guess turnabout is fair play.

Fdog: The blues on Provia really knock your booties off. I was amazed. When I loaded the scans into photoshop, I found the blue "out of gamut" for a CMYK print. Hard to beat.

Thanks for the nice words.

---Bob

LOL
One local reef has a nurse that has discovered how to startle divers and then make off with a meal in the diver's fish or lobster bag. I guess turnabout is fair play.
We have a huge cod that will do that too.

Great!!! My favorites are the Elkhorn Forest and the Kiss a Nurse. It also seems that it was very busy there, how big was the group?

Very nice! I'd love to see the slide of the Elkhorn.

As for a Nikonos Neandethals forum, give me an idea of how many of you old foggies are out there! :D If there's enough to make it a viable forum, we'll give it a try.

Leesa:

We booked dives through a package so it was a little like a cattleboat. About 12 persons per dive. Some were fairly new divers and tended to bunch up. Makes for interesting negative space.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom