Tusa Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrmonk7663

Contributor
Reaction score
Went to the dive shop today and put on a Tusa Mask. This mask was alot larger than the others, suppossedly had 2.5x the view of normal masks, was all clear, and the lens was all one piece. Anyone know what model this is. If fit well and felt great. Visbility was awesome. The shop price was $89 but they told me if I brought something in they could work with me on the price ( I have no clue as to what she wanted me to possibly bring in though) Thanks.

Mike

mrmonk7663:
Went to the dive shop today and put on a Tusa Mask. This mask was alot larger than the others, suppossedly had 2.5x the view of normal masks, was all clear, and the lens was all one piece. Anyone know what model this is. If fit well and felt great. Visbility was awesome. The shop price was $89 but they told me if I brought something in they could work with me on the price ( I have no clue as to what she wanted me to possibly bring in though) Thanks.

Mike
Visualator :eyebrow:

Ok, I figured out what mask it is. It is the Tusa Visualator. Anyone used this mask? How did you like it? How is peripheral vision? Trying it on at the shop it is light years better than any mask I have ever used while swimming/snorkeling...granted the masks I used for these activities came from academy so it may not be a fair comparison, but anyway, the mask did not squeeze on the side of my eyes and mess up my vision, and the vision field was tremendous compared to other masks i've tried on. IF anyone has any real world feedback I would like to know, as I am very tempted to buy this since it felt so well on my face. Thanks. Oh yah, also any snorkel recomendations for this mask? Snorkels are one subject I don't know much about, as far as what makes one better than the others etc etc.

mrmonk7663:
Ok, I figured out what mask it is. It is the Tusa Visualator. Anyone used this mask? How did you like it? How is peripheral vision? Trying it on at the shop it is light years better than any mask I have ever used while swimming/snorkeling...granted the masks I used for these activities came from academy so it may not be a fair comparison, but anyway, the mask did not squeeze on the side of my eyes and mess up my vision, and the vision field was tremendous compared to other masks i've tried on. IF anyone has any real world feedback I would like to know, as I am very tempted to buy this since it felt so well on my face. Thanks. Oh yah, also any snorkel recomendations for this mask? Snorkels are one subject I don't know much about, as far as what makes one better than the others etc etc.
I know about this mask because I use one.....!

I have no problems with it and have found it perfect for everything I've done so far, but on saying that I personally find Tusa fits my face better so I've always bought them. Masks are a personal thing that everyone has a opinion on however"if it fits well then personally fine for you".

Don't base your mask on brand alone, I've dived with a few people who have bought masks for the brand alone and as a result end up with leaking seals and other problems.

I used one. I have now switched to a Sea Vision mask. The visulator maintained a slow leak.

While this worked ok, in the long run it got annoying having to repeatedly clear my mask during a dive.

The amount of visibility in the visulator is very nice. If it fits your face I would recommend it.

I have this mask and the view under water is very nice . It was a little wet, but I have a neoprene mask strap and after tightening it up a little bit, I haven't has any problems since. FWIW, I also have an AL Mythos, and the view is almost as nice and the volume is really low. I can't say I prefer one over the other except that the Mythos is my backup as it stores easier.

John

Great, thanks for the responses. I ordered one and it should be here on Friday. I'll try it out hopefully Friday evening and report back. It fit well at the LDS so hopefully it fits equally well under the water :)

Yah, out of all the research I did the fogging was the only complaint, and it seems some figured out how to stop it. I'm sure I'll figure something out. I fell in love with the view though, and it was pretty comfortable. When I went snorkeling last I used a mask that made my eyes go closer together as it was too small. Needless to say that sucked. I am looking forward to seeing things in a new perspective :)

I also have this mask and I like it, but I also have a problem with it fogging. I have tried the Anti foggoing stuff but it still fogs. I will continue to look for something to stop the fogging because the mask is great otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom