Maldives...June 27 Sea Queen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Mantas!

Joe

must... go.... diving...

rrrrrr

very nice!

clive francis:
nice manta's, shame you are hanging on the reef though

Thanks Clive....have you been to the Maldives ???...
Maldives diving involves hanging onto the reef occasionally(they are called Thilla in the Maldives),...well actually it was a big rock....no reef life on it...the current was running big style and we stayed on the manta feeding station for about an hour....there were 15 or twenty mantas round us the whole dive.

We also used reef hooks too....

A lot of Maldives diving is high current stuff and sometimes you just have to hang on....

Adrian

Looks like you held on pretty good and got some niiiice photos! Thanks for sharing. Did you also write a trip report?

adrianwd75:
Thanks Clive....have you been to the Maldives ???...
Maldives diving involves hanging onto the reef occasionally(they are called Thilla in the Maldives),...well actually it was a big rock....no reef life on it...the current was running big style and we stayed on the manta feeding station for about an hour....there were 15 or twenty mantas round us the whole dive.

We also used reef hooks too....

A lot of Maldives diving is high current stuff and sometimes you just have to hang on....

Adrian
no i haven't dived the Maldives yet.

but if you are going to ??? the response and make out i don't know what i am talking about, then i must point out you are telling porkies as the photo clearly shows the rock you are hanging onto has life/coral as we know it living on it.

i know the Maldives are drift dives and that is what you do drift, not hang on and destroy.

clive francis:
no i haven't dived the Maldives yet.

but if you are going to ??? the response and make out i don't know what i am talking about, then i must point out you are telling porkies as the photo clearly shows the rock you are hanging onto has life/coral as we know it living on it.

i know the Maldives are drift dives and that is what you do drift, not hang on and destroy.

Awww well clive I will bow to the superior knowledge you have about a place you have not been !!!!!!!

adrianwd75:
Awww well clive I will bow to the superior knowledge you have about a place you have not been !!!!!!!

its not bowing to superior knowledge, the photo clearly showed coral on it and you said there was none!!

it doesn't take a genius to work that out, the same as it doesn't take a genius to read in every report or mag you see that maldives have excellent drift dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom