Dacor Darwin Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ez075736

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

So I have a relatively new (less than a year old) Dacor Darwin computer. It's a good computer. After 25-30 dives i had to replace the batteries. I changed them out simple enough, however when i went diving this weekend, the computer never went into Dive mode when i went under water. It stayed in it's pre-dive mode where you can cycle through the menus. Normally after dropping down 5-10 feet it goes into Dive mode, but for the 3 dives i did never went into that mode. Thankfully i had access to another depth gauge so i didn't have to cancel the weekend of diving.

Has anyone had the same problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

I also have a Darwin and it basically is a crap computer. Unfortunately, I didn't learn this until a few months back when I realized how much better the other computers out there were. I got some bad advice when shopping.

I have experienced the problem you are having, but only when I rely on the water activation feature. If I manually turn it on into predive then decend there is no problem.

All in all its a accurate computer, its just a pain to use and the buttons cause pain after prolonged use. I yearn for an Oceanic Pro Plus 2....

pw1981:
I also have a Darwin and it basically is a crap computer. Unfortunately, I didn't learn this until a few months back when I realized how much better the other computers out there were. I got some bad advice when shopping.

I have experienced the problem you are having, but only when I rely on the water activation feature. If I manually turn it on into predive then decend there is no problem.

All in all its a accurate computer, its just a pain to use and the buttons cause pain after prolonged use. I yearn for an Oceanic Pro Plus 2....

Hi,

I saw your message on the Scuba Board about a Dacor Diving Computer.

I recently bought a used Dacor Diving Computer that did not come with a manual and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to work it. Do you possibly have a copy of a manual for that computer that you could provide to me? In the alternative, could you give me a brief summary of how the control buttons work to operate it? Thank you.

Bill Kenny
kennywek@aol.com
2210 Midwest Rd
Oak Brook, IL. 60523
(630) 574-1790

ez075736:
Hi there,

So I have a relatively new (less than a year old) Dacor Darwin computer. It's a good computer. After 25-30 dives i had to replace the batteries. I changed them out simple enough, however when i went diving this weekend, the computer never went into Dive mode when i went under water. It stayed in it's pre-dive mode where you can cycle through the menus. Normally after dropping down 5-10 feet it goes into Dive mode, but for the 3 dives i did never went into that mode. Thankfully i had access to another depth gauge so i didn't have to cancel the weekend of diving.

Has anyone had the same problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi,

I saw your message on the Scuba Board about a Dacor Diving Computer.

I recently bought a used Dacor Diving Computer that did not come with a manual and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to work it. Do you possibly have a copy of a manual for that computer that you could provide to me? In the alternative, could you give me a brief summary of how the control buttons work to operate it? Thank you.

Bill Kenny
kennywek@aol.com
2210 Midwest Rd
Oak Brook, IL. 60523
(630) 574-1790

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom