dive pager?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris456

New
Reaction score
I am looking for a high tech version of a tank banger.

Does anyone make a wrist-mounted dive pager? I think it would be cool to have a little wrist mounted device that you could simply press to get your buddy's attention.

There was a company that had a prototype several years ago. It had 3 different colored leds. You could come up with color combo codes. All 3, emergency, just the red, let's all ascend, just blue, come look at what I found, etc...

But I never saw it produced... so I guess it never made it off the inventors wrist. I just use the Hammerhead

I spend my whole life trying to get away from my darn pager, now your talking about one that goes underwater. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

chris456:
I am looking for a high tech version of a tank banger.

Does anyone make a wrist-mounted dive pager? I think it would be cool to have a little wrist mounted device that you could simply press to get your buddy's attention.

It is not electronic but they make "dive quackers". They are devices that attache inline with your LP inflator hose (i.e. Hose goes from the 1st stage to the quacker and the quacker attaches to inflator). When you push its button, it makes a loud quacking noise that can be heard for a good distance underwater.

Novel concept, dive buddy in arms reach where he/she should be in the first place. IMHO.

chris456:
I think it would be cool to have a little wrist mounted device that you could simply press to get your buddy's attention.
Aside from Pasley's wise words
pasley:
Novel concept, dive buddy in arms reach where he/she should be in the first place.
why a pager? I gather more people these days use cell phones above the water, so why not use UW comms?

You'll still have to press a button as they're one way radios, but having used OTS Buddy Phone and SSB2010 I wouldn't want to settle for a pager. Those not only allow diver to diver communication, but also with surface units. If you use electronic comms underwater, you might as well get the full benefit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom