First UW Photos Posted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THomas Marshall

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I’m back from my vacation in the French Polynesian Islands (Tahiti, Taha'a, Bora Bora and Moorea), and I've posted some pictures in the Gallery I took with my C-5050 setup (click "View Gallery" on the left next to Photos).

I would like to thank everyone again for the help and suggestions, in particular Dee, and I'm very pleased with the results considering it was my first time taking UW Photographs with anything other than a disposable camera.

Here is a quick update on the Camera and variables for the shots:

Olympus C-5050 Zoom with an Olympus PT-015 waterproof case. I also had an attachable Inon UWL - 100 Wide Angle Lens (used for Shark Pics). I used the C-5050's internal flash for close up pictures (3 feet or closer). No external strobe was used.

All shots were taken while snorkeling in less than 10 feet of water.

Thanks Gilligan, and I appreciate all the information you've made available to new photographers on this forum, it really helped me hit the floor running.

I can't wait to get back out there and try some new techniques.

The reason why there were so many sharks around is because they were throwing dead fish in the water :wink:

Great shots, Thomas! I love your Christmas Tree Worms and the anemones in the shallows. You did good! :thumb:

Thanks everyone.

Dee, I don't know why I was calling the Christmas Tree Worms Feather Dusters, I had Feather Dusters in my Mini Reef for years. Oh well, it's been 10 years so I guess my brain cells are starting to fade.

Great pictures. God, I love French Polynesia. Oh, to go back, one of these days.

You should post some topside pictures also, for us with the addiction.

Cecil,

Thanks, and I'm glad to find another F.P. fanatic. I've got the fever so bad right now I can't stand it. It always hits me a few days after I return. This was our third trip over and I can't wait to get back again.

FYI - I'm not sure about the policy of listing other forums in this one, but I'll assume its ok.

If you visit "Tahiti-explorer.com" they have the most comprehensive forum on the net regarding French Polynesia. See the following sections from their front page:

1- "Best Tahiti Forums and Bulletin Board", for excellent advise on everything you would ever want to know about F.P.

2- "Photo Albums", find my pictures under "August 2004 - F.P. Trip", I will be posting over 40 land pictures in the next day or two. Also, many beautiful pictures from other people who have visited F.P.

3- "Trip Reports", find my extensive trip report under "Trip Report (Tahiti, Taha'a, Bora Bora & Moorea" - August 6-20, 2004". It's the second one listed. Also, many other excellent reports.

My user name is the same on that forum "Thomas Marshall".

I've recommended this site many times for UW Photography information as well.

Oh yeah, I know and love that site. I'll check it out, thanks.

I've only been once (to FP) but once your addicticed there is no getting over it.

Back
Top Bottom