10D price crash!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
got an annoying email today from 7dayshop.com (as i never asked them to keep sending me emails), but that is another thing, any way they have the Canon 10D for for £799 inc VAT and p+p for UK deliveries, now that has to be a bargain for someone who has canon glass and was thinking of going digital.

clive....it is a great camera. I have had one now for about 4 months. The new 8 mega pixel camera over comes one major "annoyance" the 10 d has.

On the 10 d you set the "stay alive" time. That is how long the camera stays on before shutting down to save battery. You can set that from like one to eight minutes or so. And, to bring the camera back to life....all you do is depress the shutter button. BUT>>>>> it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 second to come fully to life where you can take a pic. The new 8 megapixel camera is instantaneous. But, the dang thing costs $1500 US.

I got my 10d new with one lense for $899 US from a local camera store. He was smart and matching US internet prices and selling them like hotcakes.....

I just cant bring myself to take it under water....or spend the money for the case!!
rich

RICHinNC:
clive....it is a great camera. I have had one now for about 4 months. The new 8 mega pixel camera over comes one major "annoyance" the 10 d has.

I just cant bring myself to take it under water....or spend the money for the case!!
rich

COME ON RICH... I have already flooded one 10d get an insurace policy thorugh your home owners for it and have at it... I have an Sea and Sea housing and the camera lens port and 2 strobes on my policy and its 67 dollars a year.

well....let me also add.....i cant afford to buy the housing....the prices are just too high for my job scale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom