"Day of the Hawkfish"-Sep18- East Timor - 4 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
987404-09-18dr_082.jpg

987404-09-18dr_152.jpg

987404-09-18dr_156.jpg

987404-09-18dr_150.jpg

beautiful shots.....i like the 1st and last ones....

All are fantastic shots. I see a different species of Hawkfish in the background of one of the Hawkfish photos.

Thanks. Gilligan, yes I believe that other Hawkfish is a Threadfin hawkfish. He was one cranky little dude as he chased the longnose away shortly after the photo was taken.

It was a strange day as there were 3 hawkfish of each of the two species hanging out in the same vicinity. I have been there many times and never seen them. Luck of the draw!

Great images, Nick. I especially like the Anemonefish colours and composition, as well as the last Longnose Hawkfish. If it is not too much trouble, any chance you could please post the camera settings for the Anemonefish shot ?
Thanks.

Fantastic! :thumb:

Very nice, great pics.

I like #1, #3, and #4. excellent work my friend!

#2 is technically correct just the background does not make it stand out like the other 3 images!.

Back
Top Bottom