Destin Jeddies Post Ivan Dive Report 9-25-04 Part Deux!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
5-10' vis and lots of crap in the water, yada yada, you heard it already.

Good stuff is that I got to meet SeaYoda and Seaangel, so we had 3 SB'ers in the water. The SB'ers nearly matched the number of other divers in the water. Normally, the jeddies are full, but today there were only a group of 3 coming out while we were going in and I had two friends from the LDS - 3 SBers and 5 other divers, not too shabby.

Even though I had a short dive, with bad visibility, there were high points. I saw the yellow tang thats been hanging around the area again. I also saw a small Queen Angel that I haven't seen this close to shore until today.

Here are a couple of pics.

Queen.sized.jpg

SeaYoda's pic is probably of the same fish, and much better than my attempt! :wink:

destin_jetties_09_12_04_018.sized.jpg

I always throw in a Flounder pic for good measure.

destin_jetties_09_12_04_030.sized.jpg

A really really blue crab.

Filefish.sized.jpg

Slender Filefish? Is that correct? Pic is at a crappy angle, but it was the best of the 2 shots that actually came out...

Razorfish.sized.jpg

I believe this is a Pearly Razorfish eh? Edit: Nope, sandperch - Thanks SeaYoda

We dove Vortex Springs as well, same stuff there, and I didn't get many pics - camera started getting condensation on the inside. I guess I need to throw a new moisture muncher in the rig.

You can find all of todays pics here http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album23

I have not seen any filefish for months. How big was this one? Here is a pic of one I saw that was about the size of a quarter:

Image by SeaYoda (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

The pearly razorfish pic is a sandperch. The razors are thinner and look white unless light hits them just right. Here is a pic of a razorfish and below that a sandperch:

The file fish was 2.5-3" in length, perhaps your quarter grew up? :) It was the only one I saw and I believe its the same one I saw 2 weeks ago on your jeddies. Other than the past two dives there, I haven't seen any at this site.

Thanks for the correction on the sandperch/razorfish :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
The file fish was 2.5-3" in length, perhaps your quarter grew up? :) It was the only one I saw and I believe its the same one I saw 2 weeks ago on your jeddies. Other than the past two dives there, I haven't seen any at this site.
I thought the two I saw in the spring might have become lunch. May be one has made it. I have not seen any more.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Thanks for the correction on the sandperch/razorfish :)
I feel like an official Icthiologist now :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom