Orlando area divers Thursday dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks I have a day off, I am itching to dive shore, spring, puddle I don't really care. Anybody else in Orlando off and want to dive tomorrow? Let me know I will check the board later if anybody is game for it we can work out details for where and when later tonight.

See Netdoc and CBulla at Blue Spring tomorrow afternoon. The thread is entitled "I need a photographer", i dont think i can make it due to work commitments.

Sorry, Sylvester...work commitments here :crying2: . If you're free on Saturday, though, you can join us at Venice Beach for diving. Keep asking, though, we'll all meet some time!

Thanks, when I got home last night my internet was down and I was having problems getting to NetDocs post on my PDA. Brighthouse sucks, my inet is off more then its on this month.

I will have to check the wifes schedule for saturday I have to work so I know I have to be back in Orlando at 2pm not sure about her schedule yet nor what time ya'll normally hit the water. I am one of those weird folks who like to dive early.

sylvester:
Thanks, when I got home last night my internet was down and I was having problems getting to NetDocs post on my PDA. Brighthouse sucks, my inet is off more then its on this month.

I will have to check the wifes schedule for saturday I have to work so I know I have to be back in Orlando at 2pm not sure about her schedule yet nor what time ya'll normally hit the water. I am one of those weird folks who like to dive early.
If you wanted to dive this afternoon with Netdoc and Colin, you would have to be leaving pretty soon to rush up there!! As for saturday, get there around 9ish (i used to try for 8.30 but others dont turn up that early who live closer :icon_roll), its about 2.25-2.5 hours from Orlando (without much traffic), we hope to be in the water before 10, depending on number of dives will determine what time to leave. Typically the dives run for about 80-100 mins, so you might only get in one before running off back to work.

I wasnt sure till a bit ago of what time they were diving, my jeep dont rush so I will skip it considering I have never been there nor am I fond of rushing. It just seems to screw things up like leaving gear etc at home.

I will let ya know if I can make it Saturday, if I can I will provide a cell # to ensure we link up on site. If I can make it I will leave here at 530ish so your not waiting on me.

You'll get there around 8-8.30 at worst (i have been snarled in traffic - ok not hurricane fleeing traffic, but still not great) and it took me 3 hours to do the trip. We are going to try to leave around 6-6.15 from downtown.

Sylvester, after diving the " Wreck Valley" waters, you won't find the braille diving at Venice very challenging. But do be ready ready to become addicted to Venice's dental diving !!! LOL Hopefully I can make it this week-end myself and maybe find that bag of teeth I lost the last time I was there. (2 1/2 megs along with the usual smaller teeth)

Orlando and Simms, As I'm not affilliated with any 1 dive shop, the idea of local divers getting together and sharing experiences and dive spots in the central Fl. area sounds like a great idea to me. You can pencil my name in for that.

Dutch, the funny thing is when I was up north, rain, snow, ice or storm I dove almost every weekend, I moved here and for one reason or another it just has not worked out. But I am looking forward to it. I am gonna see if I can swing Venice this weekend, and try to get caught up a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom