To Suunto or to Uwatec or to something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i'll be in the market soon for the big-ticket items and i want to get a good (but affordable) dive computer...

barring feedback from the sites, a couple of my local dive shops say that when it comes to computers i should only get suunto or uwatec... nothing else... not even if it's cheaper (like oceanic w/c they both sell)...

they said that people who get other brands eventually buy themselves a suunto or uwatec...

even my DM and DI friends say it's suunto or uwatec...

this of course was before the release of the new Mares Nemo and M1 (i like mares quality and they're a reliable brand generally)... but no major review yet on rodale's scubadiving

input anyone?

Jag

I went to a diveshow before I bought my first comp.
I asked the sales rep to show me how to use the M1 (was interested and had trouble). When the salesman couldnt navigate the interface, even after reading the manual, I walked away.

The Suunto I ended up buying (Vyper) I understood within a few seconds of picking it up. I like the interface, functions and design. I now own a Vytec as well and love that one too.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom