Suunto Vyper Battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divevet

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone changed the battery in their Vyper (or Vytec) computer? and if so was it as straight forward as it sounds?

Computer is out of warranty and I resent paying a 1/3 of the price I paid for it to replace a £2 battery....

I have both changed the battery in my Vyper, and had it changed. Here the large chain dive shop (Sports Chalet) will change the battery for free while you watch if you buy the kit from them, which was about $12 USD.

A previous battery must have been bad and only lasted a few dives. That one a friend changed for me on the ferry on the way to Catalina Island. It is not hard, you just need to make sure the oring is intact and everything goes back in they way you took it out!

cheers!

jennifer

I've got a Vyper, and changed the battery on the boat when I bent it. Very simple.

Divevet:
Hi,

Has anyone changed the battery in their Vyper (or Vytec) computer? and if so was it as straight forward as it sounds?

Computer is out of warranty and I resent paying a 1/3 of the price I paid for it to replace a £2 battery....

Buy a kit from www.scubastore.com (spain) so shipping will be quite cheap to UK...it have the battery and a new o´ring and cap....change it is quite easy..the only important thing is to be clean (carefully with hair and others debris)..and don´t use too much grease to lubricate the seal (just a little bit avoid a dry seal)...the rest is VERY easy....

Thanks for the replies - bought a battery and o-ring this afternoon (£4 not from a dive shop...) and fitted them in less than 10 mins.

Just need to get it wet now!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom