Friday on the Jetty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeROB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
250 km South of Perth is the Busselton Jetty - at one point I would have rated it as one of my best dive sites. It no longer a patch on it's former glory - they have installed an underwater observatory which in construction has destoryed a fair amount of the life. It is however still very nice to dive just not what it used to be.

Anyway here are some pics - only did a single dive (2km is a long way to walk with gear but I always seems to forget that. 'mental note: next time take the boat' :wink: ).

Image by lukeROB (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Love the family of Puffers!

Great pics - I like the look on the perch's face.

Looks like you had pretty good conditions down there. DH was in Perth end last week and tried to do a dive...figured he had 500mm viz!!

Love the little orange guy...I remember seeing one of those while we snorkelled, but don't know his name!

alcina:
Looks like you had pretty good conditions down there. DH was in Perth end last week and tried to do a dive...figured he had 500mm viz!!

Love the little orange guy...I remember seeing one of those while we snorkelled, but don't know his name!

One of the names is a humpback boxfish (or orange boxfish) Anoplocapros lenticularis. The one pictured is a male. I have several other really cool box and cowfish from this and other trips to the jetty which I will post.

500mm sounds about right, but it is improving. Because jetty is in the bay it is fairly protected, vis was about 10m but I have dived there in far better conditions. There was a fair amount of both sediment and surge which I have never experienced there before. I'm going to attempt to find out the deep water vis off perth on the weekend if conditions permit so fingers crossed for some good pics.

Back
Top Bottom