Next Roll Call - Coolpix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauifins73

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are next in the Roll Call

I have a Coolpix 995

Aquatica 995

DS125

Becky

here is mine...

nauifins73:
We are next in the Roll Call

I have a Coolpix 995

Aquatica 995

DS125

Becky

I use a 995, in an Ikelite house. I first tried the Aquatica housing, but couldn't deal with it. Sold it on eBay and got the Ike. Are you happy with the Aquatica housing?

SteveB

Nikon 4300, Fantasea housing... no strobe yet.

StingRob

I have a 995
Aquatica housing
two DS 125s
Wide angle lens

I have had good luck with all of it.

Joe

I don't have a lot of experience with it yet. I'm hoping to change that soon.

What didn't you like about yours?

Becky

StevenB:
I use a 995, in an Ikelite house. I first tried the Aquatica housing, but couldn't deal with it. Sold it on eBay and got the Ike. Are you happy with the Aquatica housing?

SteveB

nauifins73:
I don't have a lot of experience with it yet. I'm hoping to change that soon.

What didn't you like about yours?

Becky

Several things. Due to the 45deg angle I found it difficult to aim. The LCD was not aligned with the window exactly and too small to see very well.

The shutter release was too difficult to push with cold water gloves on. I changed the spring to a lighter one, but then it jambed in the down position in deeper water due to pressure.

It was difficult to load the camera in without scratching the camera. The camera could also move around in the housing so that the housing buttons did not always align well with the camera buttons, making it difficult to impossible to make adjustments underwater. There were some other minor peeves such as not being able to take advantage of TTL.

Let me know how you get along with it. It was a nice looking compact housing, but I am much happier with the Ikelite.

SteveB

I just sold my 775 because it was almost four years old (still worked great!) and bought a 3200. JUNK. Promptly returned. While taking the pic it goes blank for a second, like most cameras, then shows preview, then goes blank for 3-4 seconds to charge the flash. CAlled nikon, this is normal. Not for my775 it wasn't. I'm looking at the canon sd300 and casio z40.

Why can't someone make housings for the hp cameras???

Coolpix 4300. No housing yet.

But I do have an Aquatica 80 housing, Nikon F801 with 20mm & 105mm lenses and Sea & Sea YS50 strobes.

I had a 4300 and Fantasea housing... until a thief stole it. Now the police have my housing but not the camera. I liked it when I had it and will probably get another soon. Does the new 5000 series fit the Fantasea Housing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom