What to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrr77

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some guidance. I am looking to get a 4mp camera with at least 3x optical zoom and available UW housing. It must use SD memory. Any suggestions?

you can get the canon elph digital that is 4.0 and there is a cool aluminium housing called seal, made by a company called chinook industries

http://www.oceanbrite.com/moreinfo.php?id=406

you can also get a 5.0 meg cybershot from sony that comes withtheir marine pack.

Are tose the kind of things you are looking for or are you thinking more of digital slr?

Just got one, Canon 4MP.............A85. Lots of manual setting and very good value for the money. Underwater housing is only $170.

Unfortunately none of the Canon's except the SD300 are 4MP and take SD memory. The others all take the older compact flash.

Are you dedicated to SD because you already have some?

CF cards are getting cheaper all the time (and bigger - yay!) so media might not be such an issue (and think what awesome stocking stuffers you'd get!)...SD very much limits your choices.

For cameras side by side check this link as it will give you media type, zoom and MP count. You might also want to keep in mind that underwater a lens with a wider lens is more desirable, all other things being equal.

I think there are a couple of Canons with 4MP...Oly too.

Back
Top Bottom