What about Nitek, is it worthy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I already have an AI, but the computer isn't Nitrox compatible so I was thinking about a Nitec wrist mount to keep track of Nitrox, .......your thoughts? I don't see much else for the usage I have in mind, I'll have to spend $400. for it from Diverite but what else would be an option?

Thanks,
Caymanaic

I dive a nitek plus....been a great computer for me.

Brian

I wonder if the Nitek will get any cheaper now that they have that new one (D9?) out.:eyebrow:

caymaniac:
I already have an AI, but the computer isn't Nitrox compatible so I was thinking about a Nitec wrist mount to keep track of Nitrox, .......your thoughts? I don't see much else for the usage I have in mind, I'll have to spend $400. for it from Diverite but what else would be an option?

Thanks,
Caymanaic

What AI do you have that is not Nitrox compatible?? They haven't made any of those in years!!

But if you like the Diverite computer, you have several other vendors that sell the Seiko computer (it's really just a Seiko with the DiveRite name on it), and you can get into one for less than 300 depending on which version you want.

scubatoys:
What AI do you have that is not Nitrox compatible?? They haven't made any of those in years!!

But if you like the Diverite computer, you have several other vendors that sell the Seiko computer (it's really just a Seiko with the DiveRite name on it), and you can get into one for less than 300 depending on which version you want.

Larry,
Could you elaborate on the name brands that are the equivalent of the Nitek, I'm interested in the Nitek Duo?
Thanks

ranger:
Larry,
Could you elaborate on the name brands that are the equivalent of the Nitek, I'm interested in the Nitek Duo?
Thanks

The Nitek Duo is actually a Seiko computer which is also sold under the Tusa IQ-700 name.

The only difference is the Tusa comes with a scratch protector, and already has the download cable available.

Either name you want silk screened on it... And you're at about $300 for either one.

Hope that helps!

stsomewhere:
The other difference is the Tusa version comes with a two year factory warranty vs. the one year warranty for the Dive Rite. Wierd, but true!

Yea, over all, I like selling Tusa products as they have excellent customer service. They have taken care of problems for me long after warranty has even expired on some products... But we do a heck of a lot of Tusa products.... They're good people and understand customer service.

If you are going to get into more advanced diving like deco or trimix, you should take a look look at Delta P's VR-2 or VR-3. http://www.vr3.co.uk/
You can buy the base unit, then as your diving needs change, unlock the additional features you want. One of the add on options is the Oxygen Analyser feature, so you have your dive computer & analyser in one device. :D
If you have any questions PM me.

Back
Top Bottom