Cressi sub 3 gauge mini console problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitefish

Reaction score
I recently purchased the cressi sub 3 gauge mini console - the one with the compass. I noticed however that the compass has a bubble in it, and was wondering if this is normal? I currently have the Suunto 3 in line gauges, and the SK7 compass doesn't have a bubble. Just wondering if there might be a manufacturing defect with the cressi gauges? Current owners, if you could check yours and let me know I would be grateful!

Cheers...

This is the link to gauges on the cressisub website:
http://www.cressisubusa.com/cressius2004/cat.asp?lan=uk&idc=7

The bubble should have no effect upon your compass. Many compass makers will incorporate a bubble in the compass in order to let the user see if s/he is holding the compass level. As long as the bubble is close to the center of the lens, you know that you're holding the compass level and that the free movement of the needle will not be impaired. Actually, this can be a very good thing while navigating under water.

Thanks Kraken, appreciate the quick response. Happy diving!

I just purchased a Cressi Sub Mini 3 Gauge Console. Is there a way to upgrade the console so that the SPG can be used while using Nitrox? I thought I read somewhere that it was compatible for such an upgrade but I am unable to figure out what is required to do so.

Thanks for the help,
MT

Since your profile has 0 - 24 dives I assume you're talking about mixtures up to 40%.
Any standard SPG should be fine at this level straight out of the box.

Since your profile has 0 - 24 dives I assume you're talking about mixtures up to 40%.
Any standard SPG should be fine at this level straight out of the box.

Thanks for your response. So a standard SPG will accurately read the air level I have in my tank when I am diving with EAN32 or EAN36? I thought that it would take an SPG specifically calibrated for these mixes but if I am wrong that is wonderful.

Thanks,
MT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom