Mounting a Sea Torch Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNTdiver

Reaction score
I reciently was given a Nightrider Sea Torch (with the Pro-Diver upgrade kit). I am planning on incorporating it with my DIR recreational setup. My only question is how to mount it. It came with a piece that clips over the webbing, but this is completely different from how I have mounted my MR11 light. If anyone has an idea on how to mount this correctly without the use of a plastic clip over the webbing, please let me know. Thanks for your time.

I would get rid of the nite rider and get a better light and mount it with the webbing waist strap that is normaly used on round cannisters. There are reasons that noone uses the nite riders in DIR.

Of corse if it was a gift this may not be the easiest thing to do

CNTdiver:
I reciently was given a Nightrider Sea Torch (with the Pro-Diver upgrade kit). I am planning on incorporating it with my DIR recreational setup. My only question is how to mount it. It came with a piece that clips over the webbing, but this is completely different from how I have mounted my MR11 light. If anyone has an idea on how to mount this correctly without the use of a plastic clip over the webbing, please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Ryan,

Is this the unit with the headlamp system (I'm not that familiar with niterider)? If so, there isn't anything you can do to that to make it DIR.

If it isn't the headlamp system, give me a link to a picture and maybe we can figure out a way it can work for you.

I used to use DIL's night riders. The plastic clip is a PIA. You can use 2 SS hose clamps and a short pc of looped webbing. (Same idea as a canister set up). The clamps need to be bent as you draw them up to form the square shape of the battery canister.

detroit diver:
Ryan,

Is this the unit with the headlamp system (I'm not that familiar with niterider)? If so, there isn't anything you can do to that to make it DIR.

If it isn't the headlamp system, give me a link to a picture and maybe we can figure out a way it can work for you.

The Sea Torch is a handheld light ... the Pro-Diver upgrade kit uses a dual-halogen light head (20W + 12W) with a hand-mount and cable that lets you convert the Sea Torch to a "canister".

As someone said, it's not DIR ... but it beats a hand-held.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

diveh3:
I used to use DIL's night riders. The plastic clip is a PIA. You can use 2 SS hose clamps and a short pc of looped webbing. (Same idea as a canister set up). The clamps need to be bent as you draw them up to form the square shape of the battery canister.

Thanks so much for your recommendation. I will try it out on my upcoming trip to Key Largo.:dazzler1: Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom