Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divern

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Barbados in May. I am looking to hear from anyone who has been there to find out the good dive operators. I have made contact with ONE-ON-ONE or something to that effect. As the name states, it is a one on one operation and you have a dive guide/master all to yourself. Sounds good on paper, or in this forum on the screen. Any ideas anyone? Comments, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I visit Barbados annually and stay on the South shore. I generally dive off the "Scotch And Soda" Fun, casual diving.

The "Scotch and Soda" is on a mooring in front of the Sandy Beach Hotel and the owner (RAM) can be found next to the Sandy Beach Hotel at the " Crystal Waters." If he is not there, someone there will know how to contact him.

When in Barbados make sure to dine at "Shells" next to the Sandy Beach Hotel.....great Kingfish! Also, make sure you spend Friday night at Oistins and dine at the " Fishnet Grill".....good time with great food!

Enjoy your trip! best regards: jbm

You haven't said where on the island you're going, but then it's small enough it doesn't matter.

I've used two operators Coral Isle and High Tide both are great, and both have offered to pick me up no patter whyere I was hanging my hat (at no cost). Sometimes their web prices are less expensive than what gets posted in the shop, so it's worth while making arrangements ahead of time

I ditto jbm's recommendation for spending a Friday night at Ostins - if you go don't expect to go home hungry...

To see some of the critters and coral Pics then go to Vacations -- 2001 - Barbados

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom